Landmarks

Today is a year. A landmark in my life. 

On March 29, 2022, I woke up from my spot on the couch to see Ron sleeping peacefully. And then I checked on him. He was cold, so cold, to my touch. He was indeed sleeping peacefully. 

I‘ve spent the year trapped in a full range of emotions. Anger, sadness, grief. Or numbness. Maybe numb is an emotion too. Resignation, contentment, satisfaction. Or management. Is manage an emotion? Determination. That’s it. I am determined to make this new life work.

Today, I want to once again celebrate a life well lived by Ron Griffin. Celebrate the way he lived purposely, his friendliness, his care for others. Celebrate his devotion and service, his tremendous work ethic. Celebrate the future generations that he will influence because he was a husband, father, friend. 

Determination doesn’t overcome the pain or the tears or the grief and loss. But it does mean that today, through a very bittersweet lens, I will celebrate the life that Ron Griffin lived so very well. 




Comments

  1. Praying for you today and remembering fun things about you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today. Lifting you up to the Father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and prayers for you today and always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad and sorry to hear of your loss. I have lovely memories of him and you also. You will be in my prayers- love from the Martins, Tim, Faye, Elizabeth, Matthew and Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts